At Advent, it is the responsibility of the Digital Producer to imagine, engineer, and manage the production and installation of interactive digital displays. A person who is successful in this role will bring a blend of client-facing, organizational, and creative skill-sets with a positive attitude and a ‘team-player’ mentality.
- Coordinate all in-house activities associated with interactive project execution, including but not limited to: submittals, engineering/system architecture, fabrication and installation, programming, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting.
- Facilitate internal project kick-off meeting that includes key participants from sales, design, fabrication and installation.
- Function as the focal point for internal and external project communication and documentation in the context of Interactive as part of the project team.
- Coordinate activities with external development and A/V vendors.
- Work with internal Sales/Design team to manage initial costing/quoting
- In tandem with the lead project PM Team - Create and manage the interactive project schedule.
- Responsible for supervision of all personnel and activities on project site.
- Obtain and read all contract documents including, but not limited to:
- bid drawings and specifications, contract, project workbook, subcontractor scopes of work, and construction schedule.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not limited to:
- contractual, financial, technical, schedule, construction coordination, materials, personnel, and scope of work.
- Provide regular reports of job progress to all stakeholders.
- Assist with, or facilitate the ordering of materials upon approval of submittal documents or verification from engineering for design-build projects.
- Coordinate with installation/operations manager to schedule personnel/vendors for installation.
- Cooperatively manage and monitor the labor expenditures of engineering, fabrication and installation personnel over the course of the project and communicate (upward) any issues that impact profitability.
- Solicit quotes from qualified subcontractors as required.
- Generate and/or respond to installation/construction communication including, but not limited to: requests for information, change order documents, room readiness letters, delay or compression notification of theft or damage to materials, tools or vehicles, safety or injury reports, warranty information, material hand off or inventory, punch lists, field reports, sign-off documents or other documentation as assigned or required.
- Proactively manage the change order process.
- Regularly inspect installation work performed by staff and/or subcontractors.
- Test, or certify the performance of, installed systems.
- Coordinate and/or provide training to client.
- Coordinate turn-over of project to service team at the end of each project.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Maintain time management to specific jobs.
- 6+ years AV industry experience.
- CAPM, PMP preferred but not required.
- CTS (Certified Technical Specialist) preferred but not required.
- Understanding and experience of ADA guidelines/best practice in the context of Interactive/AV installations
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft project/Merlin Project, Adobe Acrobat, (InDesign/Illustrator, AutoCAD/Revit preferred but not essential).
- The ability to supervise and manage tasks and personnel to meet project objectives.
- Will possess a fundamental understanding of Interactive/AV system design, functionality and installation process and techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical, personnel or other project related issues.
- Ability to generate timely, concise, and effective business correspondence.
- Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents including, but not limited to; engineering and architectural drawings, schedules, test reports, or commissioning documents.
- Ability to interact with clients, employees and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
- Effective time management and attention to detail